Monday, July 17, 2017

Book Recommendation: Flashfall by Jenny Moyer


It hasn't even been four months since I first read Flashfall. Yet when I got my ARC of book two, I couldn't imagine not re-reading this precious book first. And I am so glad that I did so. Because Flashfall is still perfect to me. I loved it beyond words, again. Oh, this book is stunning. I don't know how to describe it all again. So not going to talk too much about it this time. Just mentioning a few things that I love about it. Eee. If you still haven't read this one, then get moving. You are missing out on the most awesome book.

The writing in Flashfall is so perfect. I loved reading every page of this book. I loved that the book is told from the point of view of Orion. Whom I adore beyond words. This girl is amazing. So brave and kind and awesome. I love how broken just about every person in this book is, yet they still have hope, like Orion does. She makes the best out of everything. And she's starting to fight back against certain things. And I loved that about her. Oh, how I adored getting to know this fierce girl. She was simply the best person.

I loved that this book managed to creep me out again. A lot of it takes place inside awful caves. and it was the most awesome thing to read about. Dangerous. Scary. I loved every moment of it. These caves were the worst. Nine different ones, some more dangerous than others. The most dangerous being the one that Orion and Dram have to go into every day. And ahh, the creatures. I cannot with how awesomely they were written. So good. So awful. Loved reading about them the very most. But yeah, scary as well.

The plot in this book is simply the most awesome thing. I loved reading about this world. How it is divided between everyone. How Orion is living in one of the worst places. Reading about the flash curtain was so interesting, yet so horrible. This world is awful. And I loved reading about it the most. Eee. I loved reading about all the cave parts. And the different places that Orion ended up at for a short time. Shudders. This book is heartbreaking and evil and beyond exciting. Oh, so glad that I re-read it now. Loved it the same.

What I love most about this book is the friendship and relationship between Orion and Dram. It is the cutest thing. They have been friends and cave partners for years. And this friendship is finally starting to become something more. And it's so cute and sweet to read about. Not much romance, but enough, and it's the best thing. Oh, I hope it will be just as good in book two. Eee. A bit nervous. Yet so excited. Dram was such an amazing person too. So protective and fierce. And truly awesome to get to know too. Eee.

There is so much happening at all times in this book. And I loved reading about it all again so so much. Though this book is all kinds of sad. There are a bunch of characters to get to know and start loving. And then most of them ended up dying. Ahh. It was evil. Yet so well written that I couldn't help but love it so much. The ending is pretty happy, though, ack. Which is why I worry about book two. Hmph. But so, so excited to start it next. But seriously, read this book right now if you haven't yet. Flashfall is perfection.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one. I don't even think I own a copy.

    Thanks for the recommendation! I'll consider it for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)